This design of hatch would have two framed doors glazed in either 6.4mm thick clear laminated glass or 6mm thick clear toughened glass, which open on surface mounted stainless steel cast hinges.
Pass Through Hatches with Glazed and Clamped Doors
- This design of hatch would have two framed doors glazed in either 6.4mm thick clear laminated glass or 6mm thick clear toughened glass, which open on surface mounted stainless steel cast hinges.
- Each door is fitted down one edge with a rubber edging seal which allows the doors to be clamped closed by the action of turning the knobbed lever, on the door, until it locates and slides into the angled receiver on the outside face of the hatch.
- These doors are deliberately not sealed in order to allow a small volume of air from the clean side (which is normally at a higher pressure) to continuously flush the interior of the hatch. This volume is relatively small by comparison with room air flows, that, it should have no perceptible effect on room pressures.
- The doors are also mechanically interlocked to prevent them from both being opened together.
- These hatches come supplied with installation flanges to support them in a wall. They allow the hatch to be fitted flush, or, protruding. If fitted protruding, support legs may need considering.
12 months excluding glass from date of final delivery.
This style of Hatch with door edging seals all around is designed to minimise any air loss through the Hatch – however a 100% leak free Hatch cannot be guaranteed.